Hello lovelies! I apologies for being MIA again but work and life will always intervene and I will always be back to keep posting even when I am gone for long periods of time. I wanted to share my own list of what I am thankful for with you to play part in the spirit of Thanksgiving and all the 30 days of thanks I see all over Facebook. Before I hit up those Black Friday sales I am going to slow down and reflect first and foremost on what I am thankful for from the serious to the not so serious here are my 30 days of thanks all at once.
1. I am thankful for my faith. Some may not understand why Faith is so important. For me, no matter the troubles or concerns I have in this life, I never really worry for too long because eventually I have faith that God will carry me through anything. I have seen many amazing things throughout the years happen to me and my family and it was all due to faith in God and my relationship with him. I am so grateful for his love and forgiveness because I am not perfect. I am a sinner and his love picks me up when I fall and fail and helps to start over fresh and new each time.
2. I am thankful for family. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful family of my own as well as extended and married into. Families are important, and no matter how much they might drives you batty they love you unconditionally. I am so thankful for a family that is like this. They love, support, laugh, accept, and forgive.
3. I am thankful for being a mother. Now trust me being a mom is not glamorous at all in fact it can be be very thankless at times. However for every “I love you” (Which little man can say now!!) it makes every tantrum, and crabby mood worth it. Being a mom has put a few things in my life into perspective, and I would never change that for the world.
4. I am thankful for a job. My hubby and I are both employed, but I have been through times of unemployment as a kid observing the stress it entails and myself as an adult. I know there are many others out there who are unemployed and trying hard everyday to get a job. I am thankful everyday for my job that allows me to help support my family to have a place to call home, and food for the table. These are things we take for granted everyday that we should always be thankful for.
5. I am thankful for friends. They are an extension of family that allow us to be come better versions of ourselves, make us laugh, make us cry, keep us strong, and support us no matter what in everything we do.
*Now for a few not so serious items
6. I am thankful I can run. Because honestly if I could not I can’t promise my husband would still be alive…J/K, but seriously it is the best stress reliever in the world!!
7. I am thankful for My new warm coat and my mother keeping my old sorrels from high school, that allowed be to stand outside and watch the Gophers get creamed yet again on sat by the Badgers… that sucked
8. I am thankful for coffee that allows me to wake up every morning
9. I am thankful for red wine that allows me to unwind at the end of the day!
10. I am thankful for hot baths.
11. I am thankful for my camera.
12. I am thankful for Barre classes that allowed me to lose most of my baby weight and fit into my pants again even if that means I have to stand only in some;).
13. I am thankful for self serve frozen yogurt shops because they are genius and I can write off all that I top it off with as healthy because it’s yogurt…right?
14. I am thankful for My view at the office.
15. I am thankful for music that makes me smile or want to dance.
16. I am thankful for chocolate because it is magical and delicious and cures all sadness and PMS.
17. I am thankful for my awful looking wool socks circa 1970 something. I took them from my dad many years ago and they keep my feet so warm and toasty in the winter. In fact they are so awesome my husband wishes he had a pair….Hahahahahaha.
18. I am thankful for babysitters, because date nights are few and far between and I love that I trust you to watch my kid.
19. I am thankful for this frigid state we live in…. OK who am I kidding winter here is terrible but I will pretend that is is the cold climate that preserves our youth and skin here in the Upper Midwest.
20. I am thankful for being healthy and having my family be healthy.
21. I am thankful for shopping. Yes shopping. I really do love fashion and to go shopping. I find fashion to be an true art form that I wish I sometimes had a full on talent for. And I think if we have that luxury we should be thankful for it because that means your doing pretty OK if you can go shopping every once and awhile.
22. I am thankful for smartphones, cause man you can do EVERYTHING on them. I mean EVERYTHING!
23. I am thankful for bagel sandwiches. Because I finally work near a bagel shop and can get the one concoction of a sandwich I love when I want to!
24. I am thankful for My Arbonne Products! Why Arbonne? Because if you have not tried it yet you need to just try it and see how AWESOME it is. Stop being skeptics and just try it
25. I am thankful for cute hats that cover my hair when I am too lazy to style it.
26. I am thankful every Sunday for a little oasis I call Target. If you are a mom and can go sans child you know what I mean.
27. I am thankful for scarves, because living in this state it is a staple in my wardrobe and I have a small obsession with them.
28. I am thankful for basically anything Disney Jr channel for allowing me and my husband time to get dressed in the morning uninterrupted.
29. I am thankful for a husband that does yard work, because I don’t. If he ever leaves I will be in trouble because I don’t know how to mow a lawn.
30. I am thankful for thanksgiving because I get to stuff my face with all the comfort foods I love for one day and not feel guilty about it.
I hope that you all have a most wonderous Thanksgiving and have created your own little lists of what you are thankful for. SO before you hit up Black Friday or allow the stress of the holidays to get you you slow down and remember what you are thankful for and appreciate every momemt you can.