WOW! where has the time gone. I was realizing the other day that I have hardly written a post since I had started my new job back in Sept after our little trip to Seattle. Our lives have been a whirlwind of getting stuff done around our home, and getting ourselves prepared for a new baby (which will hopefully join us soon) I cannot believe that literally any day now we will get to meet the second edition to our family. There are still days I can’t believe that I am going to a mother of two!
I have to admit being pregnant with a toddler and still managing to stay on top of everything is not easy, but I have managed to make it all work, thank God for Google Tasks! If you haven’t used it before and love to make to do lists this is the app for you. I swear by it. Everything from my grocery lists, weekly dinners, hospital bag packing, and to dos is there and it’s awesome! Any way what have we been up to. Well let me share 🙂
We finally had more family/maternity pics taken. Which makes me giggle since next year we will need to get new ones again with the addition of a second child. With little guy being a toddler this did make for an interesting but fun afternoon running around and having my amazing friend Greg take our photos.
We are finally almost done with our addition of a new mudroom. All that’s left now is to paint the walls and a railing for the stairs outside. This was a project we started literally back in May converting the outside landing into a completely enclosed functional mudroom. The hubs pecked away at it little by little, and we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. But thanks to his handy skills and the help of his buddy this project is almost over!
Speaking of Paint we finally painted the walls in our living and dining room, again just another part of our long list of rooms to paint. These rooms however had been this awful color of cat puke brown. You think I am kidding? I am not. The color was literally the same as what my cat use to barf up if she ate too much. I hated the color, and 3 years later we finally have walls that are a nice shade of grayish blue. It just feels serene.
* I wish I had used a better camera to capture this but mobile is better then nothing right! And yes I take full credit for my awesome frame decor I created when we first moved in
(And yes the TV is bigger. We treated ourselves finally to a smart TV with some smudgy little finger prints)
And just a nice little shot with the holiday decor in place
There is a lot more left to do but for now that all we could finish up on the home renovation side. Just a few of those items are the kitchen counters, Kitchen repaint, kitchen Backsplash, Little mans room repaint, and a new light fixture. Just to list a few and once we are done I cannot wait to share! If you are curious to see where I get inspiration for wall color, decor, color schemes, and home renovation ideas you can visit my pinterest board “For the Home” here.
I had an incredibly busy fall with photo sessions. I normally have one day I dedicate to mini sessions and I was booked! Which is wonderful, but very busy and time consuming. I would say for about 1.5 months I was literally editing every night. Which if you sit at a computer all day, come home to be mom, then sit and edit at night, you know that it can be a LONG day once your done. However I feel like I had an incredible group with friends who have families in all different stages of life from being pregnant to parenting young adults. I was so happy with the day and some wonderful photos were taken this fall. You can see more Here
Now that the new year is upon us and things are slowing down, I am getting antsy for our little one to join us. I am literally obsessed with how to get this baby out and bring in the New Year with a second baby. I thought I would share some of the things I cannot wait to do once this baby is out.
1. We live in a cold Northern state, and I cannot wait to wear the warm coat my Hubs got me for Xmas. Sadly it doesn’t zip above the belly 🙁
2. I cannot wait to run again. I miss running it’s my thing that soothes me and keeps me mentally balanced. Walking is not cutting it. And I am ready to start training for some half marathons again!!
3. I miss sleeping on my stomach. Yes I am a stomach sleeper and I miss it. In fact I just miss good sleep in general. Not that a new born will be better, but hey at least I can lay on my stomach for the few hours I will be getting.
4. Related to the above, I miss sleeping through the night without having to get up to pee every hour.
5. I miss my old clothes (and shoes). I am officially rotating the same items each week since nothing else is comfortable. Yes there is a point where even maternity is not comfy.
6. I miss playing with my son without getting uncomfortable sitting on the ground.
Just a small list, I am sure there is more I could add but I will not bore you all with my whining. In the meantime I can only hope that each day I wake up will be the day I can go into labor and bing this baby boy into the world.
So here is to a New Year, new baby, New home projects and Hopefully more posts to come!